Creating Shockwave Web Pages
I was a co-author for this book. (QUE 1996)
HTML Web Magic 2
I was the technical editor for this book (New Riders 1998)
Editors of Choice
I used to do everything in Dreamweaver and developed about a dozen Dreamweaver extensions but have long since preferred using the editors noted above.
- Certified Scrum Master via the ScrumAlliance
- 10+ years of experience in Web development.
- 5+ years of experience in mobile development
- Experience working with AJAX and 3rd party API’s to ingest data-heavy content
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience with the following:
- DOM manipulation
- REST- based architectures/implementations
- Ingesting JSON and XML
- HTML5 application development via the PhoneGap CLI
- Developing for modern platforms, including mobile (touch devices – tablets, iPads, phones)
- Cross browser compatibility
- “Retina-quality” graphics
- Photoshop & ImageReady – deconstructing layouts into their individual image assets
- Ability to build semantic HTML and CSS templates from PSD-based layouts
- Ability to construct DIV-based layouts
- Ability to construct Table-based layouts
- Agency Experience
- HTML 5
- CSS / CSS3
3rd Party Tools
I’ve worked with the following 3rd-party tools and services:
- Google Maps
- Google Charts
- Bing Maps
- Persits AspPDF
- HP TeamSite
- Zendesk (Agent Portal & Help Center)
- Adobe Contribute
- PhoneGap CLI
- PhoneGap Build
Flash and Sencha Touch 1 (in 2011 I received Sencha Touch training and developed a few web apps using Sencha prior to the availability of ST2 and Architect).
I have a BFA in Graphic Design starting my career as a print designer but quickly transitioned to Web Design. I don’t claim to be a Graphic/Web Designer anymore but I like to think that I still possess an eye for what looks good and can design something in a pinch if necessary.
Via my previous and current employers I’ve been able to work on projects from well established brands and institutions such as Belden Wire, John Deere, Ingersol-Rand, Eli-Lilly, Zimmer Pharmaceuticals, Audi, Volkswagen, Suzuki, BRP, Evinrude, UPS, Sentient Jet, Indiana University, IUPUI, Clarion North Hospital Indianapolis, and the Arthritis Foundation, among others.